On Saturday we took both kids to the Georgia-Vanderbilt game. It was Liam’s first game, and at 8 months, he is a good 7 months younger than Zachary was for his first Georgia game. We strapped him into the Snugli carrier (poor man’s Baby Bjorn) and off we went. As we were loading the car that morning, our neighbor was driving past our house. He slowed down & rolled his window down and handed us 4 passes to the WSB VIP Tailgate party. He works for WSB, and used to invite us each week, but apparently this year they have been trying to limit attendance, so we haven’t gotten to go yet this year. This was a nice surprise, since we had not yet figured out what we were going to do for lunch. They have tons of free food & beverages (soda, water, & beer)…so it’s a nice setup. As we were walking to the Dawg Walk, I noticed that Liam was making people smile all through campus. They would see him strapped to me and he would bring a smile to their face – that brought a smile to my face. We got to the WSB tailgate party, and found a spot where we could park ourselves out of the way. It happened to be near a garbage can. If you’ve ever listened to WSB (750 AM) before a Georgia game, they do a pre-game show with Eric Zeier and this guy who calls himself “Hondo”. So we’re standing in our out-of-the-way spot, when all of a sudden, a wad of garbage grazes past Josh’s head. We look back, and Eric Zeier was the culprit. That is Josh’s brush with fame – having Eric Zeier throw garbage at him!
Because we had so much stuff, we decided to head into the stadium early. We stopped for a photo by the Uga statue, and then walked along the hedges towards our seats. As we were walking, we stopped a few times to look at players or cheerleaders, or to take a picture. During one of our stops, one of the stadium cameramen was right in front of us. He pointed his camera at Liam (he was still strapped in the Snugli). About 10 seconds later, there is Liam’s face, larger than life, up on the big screen! He was up there for several seconds, before the guy started to zoom out. By that point Josh had picked Zachary up, and now both of them were on the screen. He continued to zoom out until we were all on the screen. The whole thing lasted probably 10-15 seconds. It was very cool! The only downside was that this was about 45 minutes before kickoff, so I doubt anyone we know saw it.
As the Vandy team ran out before the start of the game, Zachary looked at me and said, “Mommy, I’m scared of Vanderbilt.” I asked him why and he said, “Because they’re not my favorite.” I kind of laughed to myself and told him that I was glad they weren’t his favorite but he didn’t have to be scared. Then I asked him who his favorite is. He told me, “Georgia is my favorite…..and ice cream.” Yes, can’t forget ice cream! Both kids did REALLY well during the game – especially Liam. The people behind us also have season tickets and are there every week. Liam flirted with the girls behind us during the whole game (well, first 3 quarters – we left at the beginning of the 4th quarter). They got a kick out of it. He is a BIG flirt. He flirted with a little girl in the nursery at church yesterday (we had nursery duty, and I stayed in the infant room, so I saw his moves firsthand).
We think tooth #2 is on the verge of popping through. Liam woke up with a fever (which means I had to stay home with him) after keeping me up all night. I spent half the night on the floor of his room, and the other half holding him in the glider. It turns out I had to pick Zachary up from school early to take him to the doctor too. When I got to Zachary’s class, he turned to his teacher and said, “Miss Katie, I think you are going to miss me when I leave.” She thought that was funny & sweet. After very little sleep last night and half the day home with both kids, I think I will be ready for bed early tonight.
September Quotes
2 months ago
1 comment:
Hope Liam feels better soon and you get rest. :) That doesn't sound like very much fun. Glad the game was!
Post a Comment