Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Reality

Today was my first day back to work since December 22 (and even then, I left around lunchtime that day to take Liam to the doctor). It hasn’t been too bad today, so that’s been nice. I did enjoy the time home with Josh & the kids. And as much as I’d much rather be home with them than at work (in theory), Zachary just gets really disoriented when out of his normal routine for more than a few days. He seems to have more meltdowns and is less cooperative (not always, but enough to be noticeable). I sometimes wonder if he’d be different if I had stayed home from the beginning, or if he’d be that way anyway. Guess I will never know. All I know is I am looking forward to more pleasant Zachary now that we are back to our normal routine…I hope!

Liam goes back to the doctor tomorrow for his ear re-check from ear infection #4 from 2 weeks ago. I have a feeling that the ear infection has not gone away. He still tugs & rubs on that ear from time to time, and that is generally the telltale sign with them (neither of them have ever had fevers or restless sleep with an ear infection – just the tugging & rubbing on the ear). I’ll let you know what they say.

Liam has also learned a few more mouth tricks to add to this one from a while back. He has started making a fish face! Yes, like when you suck your cheeks in to make your lips looks like a fish. I have no idea how he figured out how to do that but it is funny. I've tried getting a picture, but sometimes he's too fast, and fish face is gone before I can get the camera out. I'll keep trying though! He has also started clicking his tongue. I guess that’s what you call it. I don’t know whether to be amused or worried that he seems to be so talented with his mouth!

No comments: