Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Rough Morning

This morning Zachary was NOT a happy camper. I can’t say I completely blame him – I would have much rather stayed under my warm, cozy covers than get up & get dressed for work. Unfortunately, that was not an option. My first mistake this morning was that I am not Josh. As soon as I opened Zachary’s bedroom door, I got fussed at because he wanted Josh. He asked me if it was Saturday, and I told him that it was actually Wednesday. I got fussed at again…“Don’t tell me it’s Wednesday!” Maybe he wanted me to lie? Then he wouldn’t get out of bed. We had to threaten his breakfast if he didn’t start moving (it’s not like we have tons of extra time built into our morning). He did finally get out of bed but then he just sat on the bathroom floor. At this point Josh had finished getting Liam dressed, so I took Liam and we headed downstairs while Josh finished dealing with Zachary (even though I HATE that – Zachary knows that we are both capable of doing stuff, and we generally take turns so he knows that). So they came downstairs (finally) and Zachary asked Josh if he was taking him to school. Josh told him that I would be taking them to school (as I do 4 out of 5 days every week). Once again, seems that was the wrong answer. I told him he hurt my feelings and I was sad that he didn’t want me to take him to school, and he basically said he didn’t care. At this point I’m feeling a bit sorry for his teachers today to have to deal with this (note to Drena – “Evil Monkey” may not go away anytime soon!). We got to his classroom and I mentioned to the assistant teacher that he was in a bad mood this morning. I helped Zachary get his breakfast all set up to eat, and gave him a hug & kiss, and as I was walking out the door, he said in a very sweet voice, “Mommy, will you blow me a kiss?” I could hear the teacher say, “Zachary, you are so sweet!” (note to Drena again – “Precious Baby” can come back in a snap too!). Thankfully his mean side seems to stay at home, but now I wonder if his teacher is wondering why I thought he was in a bad mood!

I did the Free Step on the Wii Fit last night (I set it for 30 minutes, which is the max, and I did that twice - 60 min. total). Is it normal that I am more sore in my shoulders & backs of my shoulders than I am in my legs or butt???

1 comment:

m said...

It is comforting to know that Caroline must be normal because her and Zachary are scary alike. She pulls that stuff all the time with the only wanted one person to do everything for her.

Oh, and the animal families - all the time around her. Constantly asking who is froggy's mom or dad or lovey's mom or dad. Nice to know that three year olds in general are just a little "creative".