Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coming Soon - More Excitement

I’m back. Took an unintentional break for a couple of days. I guess there just hasn’t been much going on that has been interesting – even to me! We’ve mostly been doing a lot of cleaning up (which went into high gear last night since the installation company left us a message yesterday to schedule the hardwoods – woo hoo!). With all the cleaning up, I realized our house has A LOT of dust. If you need any, call me. We have extra. So this is a good opportunity to get rid of it. I sat on the floor last night sneezing as we watched American Idol. But we have also filled up I think 3 big garbage bags full of trash so far. It's amazing all the stuff we've kept (or maybe it's just me, I don't know) thinking one day we might need it. WRONG! I've found magazines from 2006. Really.

I found out this morning that one of Liam’s teachers (not sure if she’s the head teacher or maybe the 2nd in command) is leaving the infant room after Friday. I was briefly bummed because Liam really seems to like her – in fact, she is the one who is there in the mornings when we drop him off, and if she is not there, Liam will whimper a little bit. But I was happy to find out that she is just moving to the next class up. So I’m thinking that sometime within the next 2 months he’ll be joining her in there. We haven’t been notified of a transition to that class yet, but the infant room teachers are preparing him. Since he is already walking & eating finger foods, we can check those off. He is doing well with the sippy cup (in fact, we haven’t even put nipples on his bottles for a few days now – they’re just putting it into his sippy cup at food time). So another check for sippy. The only other things he really needs to master before they will transition him are napping on a mat (instead of in his crib) and ditching the pacifier. I think the pacifier is going to be a tougher battle than the crib. We went cold turkey with Zachary’s paci when he was about 18 months old. It was no big deal either – we just didn’t give it to him one night and he slept fine, and he never saw them again. We’ve been trying to limit Liam’s paci usage after hearing that they don’t allow them in the next class, and so far it has not been as easy. He is also 7 months younger than when we took it away from Zachary, so it’s not really a fair comparison. So that is our project & challenge for the next little bit. Anyone who has any paci removal tips (for an almost one-year-old), please share! We may just have to battle through some screaming for a while until he figures out other ways to make himself happy.

No comments: