Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kissing 101

This morning Josh was dropping the boys off and I’m not exactly sure what happened, but apparently there was some confusion with Zachary, in that he thought Josh had left without saying goodbye. Zachary was all upset, and Josh reassured him that he would never leave without saying goodbye to him. On his way out, Josh gave Zachary a kiss on the forehead, to which Zachary replied, “We do not kiss on the forehead!” He then puckered up his lips for a mouth kiss. WE DO NOT KISS ON THE FOREHEAD??? Where did he get that from? We’ve never told him that! I don’t want him going around thinking that we kiss EVERYONE on the lips, so I’m thinking he needs some kissing training on when lip kisses are and are not appropriate.

The painting was fun again last night! I think I may have found my inner artist! I could never just pick up some paints and a canvas and start painting something and have it turn out like anything, but the lady who owns this place walks you through it step by step, and she comes around as you go to check on you to make sure that you are getting the technique right. Yet, the whole time she is very deliberate about not telling you that you’re doing it wrong, or that it doesn’t look right. She guides you along in the chosen painting, but she tells you up front that if it’s not looking the way you want & you decide to go off in a completely different direction, then that’s fine too. She may give you some pointers to make it better, but she never tells you that it’s wrong or bad. I went with a friend and we both agreed that we will need to go back. My goal is to make at least 5 or 6 to put in our foyer as a sort of canvas painting gallery. I like the fact that all this new “art” I’m putting in our house was done by me, and not by someone I don’t even know. And, for the record, if Josh, or Zachary (or Liam, for that matter) made a painting, I’d put it in the gallery too – it’s not just about me! :)

I feel a little bit like I’m back in college, as I’m going out for the 2nd night in a row tonight (I’m pretty sure some time in college was probably the last time that has happened!) We’re headed to the new Verizon Amphitheater tonight to see Dave Matthews. I’m excited about Dave, but also very excited that he’s playing in this new venue this year. It is practically in our back yard, so I know we are going to be loving the drive home when it’s over (compared to getting home from Lakewood, which, as anyone who has ever been there knows, it’s a mess getting out). The place is also supposed to be really nice. Not to mention it’s in a MUCH nicer part of town than Lakewood…I’ll give a review tomorrow!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Can't wait to hear the review and see the painting!!!

Sarah said...

Where are you doing this painting? It sounds like such a cool place and something I would love to do. Can kids go too? My daughter is all about the arts and crafts and would LOVE something like that. Hope you have fun at Dave Matthews! I do love me some Dave :)