Monday, February 14, 2011

Busiest Weekend EVER (part 2)

While Zachary was at his baseball tryout on Saturday, Liam had a very brief nap.  It was one of those days where he was SO very tired but he just fought his nap as hard as he could.  He finally fell asleep & we had to wake him up at 3:00.  The Tumble Time bus had already arrived, & we knew his friends would be arriving any second.






His friends started arriving & everyone had a great time on the Tumble Time bus!









After the bus time was over, they had all of the kids line up, and they handed out "gold medals" while they played the national anthem.  It was so cute!



After everyone received their medals, we came inside to have some snacks & get ready for the cake.  I was SO very excited about this cake!  A while back, I found some Yo Gabba Gabba cake toppers on etsy.  I bought them immediately because of how cute they were.  They are all hand-sculpted out of edible gumpaste.  My original plan was to put them on a homemade cake.  But then I came to my senses, and decided to just order the cake from Rhodes Bakery.




It was finally time to say goodbye to our friends.  I love this one of Liam & his little friend Addison (she & Liam were in the same class at his old school).


It was a very fun party!  Only, I think Liam thought that we actually bought him the Tumble Time bus as a present, because today he kept asking "Where's my Tumble Time bus?" and asking if his bus was coming back tomorrow for his birthday.  The birthday celebrations will continue through this weekend.  I still can't believe he will be 3 tomorrow - it doesn't seem like it has been that long.  We are so lucky to have him - he makes us smile & laugh every single day!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Looks like GREAT fun was had! Too bad NC was too small :) oh and I LOVE the cake (and the kabob things!) I think everything turned out fantastic!