Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Liam!

Liam's 3rd birthday was yesterday.  I feel like since Liam was born that Valentine's Day has suffered.  Between planning his party, and then making sure we have something planned on his actual birthday, it's too much to remember Valentine's Day too.  I suggested to Josh that we move Valentine's Day back a week next year to give us more time to pull something together.

Anyway, I still can't believe he's 3 already.  It's hard to get too elaborate when the actual birthday is on a Tuesday, but we had dinner at home and then we gave Liam the choice of Menchie's (frozen yogurt) or Scoops (ice cream) after - much to our surprise, he chose Scoops.  So we headed out for ice cream, and we took a few presents with us for him to open.  We gave him some pots/pans and dishes for his toy kitchen that my mom gave him.  He was pretty well set on toy food, but didn't have any dishes.  So now he's all set.  He's really loving the kitchen & pretending to cook us all kinds of things.  Even though I never really thought about getting something like that for a boy (especially one who's already 3), I think it was a good purchase!

2 comments:

m said...

Happy Birthday to Liam! Owen loves the kitchen and is not showing any signs of slowing down!

Drena said...

happy bday Liam! O loves his kitchen too and makes me peas every day.