Our busy weekend continued on Sunday. Zachary had day 2 of his baseball tryout. Josh's mom & I went with him this time. Josh told me that I'd need to throw a ball with him before things got started. OK, fine. I threw him some grounders, which he was good at. I attempted to throw him some fly balls, but he didn't like that. Then I attempted to just throw some regular balls with him, only the first one I threw hit the ground, and then bounced up & hit him in the mouth (there was not any blood or anything - it was really no big deal). He cried and said he was done & didn't want to do it anymore. I consoled him for a few minutes, then reminded him of the time he got hit in the face at karate, and how he went back the next week. That helped (well, and the fact that his friend Peyton showed up, and when I asked him if he would want Peyton to see him crying, he said no). So he & Peyton threw the ball to each other & he did end up sticking around for the tryout.
After baseball was over, we all headed over to the Gwinnett Arena for the Gladiators game (all 8 of us...me, Josh, Zachary, Liam, my mom, my grandfather, and Josh's parents). We had purchased the Kroger family pack - which, if you are looking for CHEAP entertainment, that is it. We made it through about 1 & 1/2 periods before Liam hit his limit (which was fine since the tickets were so darn cheap). We left & headed over to a pizza/Italian restaurant nearby for dinner. It was a nice afternoon/evening.
(that's Josh & Liam in the green & red shirts down by the ice)
No comments:
Post a Comment