Monday, April 29, 2013

Mega Baseball Catch-Up - Dodgers

Zachary's team has played several games since my last post.  Unfortunately, since I got so behind, I don't remember all the details of every game, but I do have all the scores, and photos to go with each one.

On April 18, the Dodgers played the Giants.  They actually won this game 19-16, and if I remember right, it was an exciting, come-from-behind win.  Josh was on another field coaching Liam's game, and in the beginning, it wasn't looking very good for the Dodgers.  But then late in the game, it started to get interesting, so I started texting Josh to hurry up & get over to Zachary's field (since Liam's game ended before Zachary's game did).  They made it just in time to see the victory.



On April 20, the Dodgers had the wonderful experience of playing a double header, thanks to all the rainouts we had earlier in the season.  To make it worse, they had to play both games against the same team - the Braves, who just happen to be the best team in the league (they haven't lost any games...).  The games were supposed to be at 12:30 and 2:30, but the games went so badly, that both games were over before the 2nd game was even supposed to start.  They lost the first game 12-1, and the second game 13-2.  It was ugly and painful, and I felt really bad for those kids.  They kept their heads up though, and I was proud of them.




On April 23, the Dodgers played the Cubs.  They had beaten the Cubs earlier in the season, but it seems that other teams have gotten better through the course of the season, while our team has stayed  pretty much the same (only getting in 2-3 practices TOTAL will do that...).  And unfortunately, once again, it was not the Dodgers' day - they lost 13-6.



Tonight the Dodgers played another game - this time against the Rangers.  Earlier in the season they had lost a close, but hard-fought game against the Rangers.  But like all the other teams, the Rangers had no intentions of losing tonight - they made that very clear.  The Rangers won 16-5.  I think our kids only got 2 outs in the whole (short) game.  However, Zachary was responsible for one of those outs.  He was playing catcher in the 2nd inning, and all season we have been telling the kids at catcher to try & catch a pop-up. Well, tonight, we finally witnessed that - Zachary caught a pop-up!  I screamed so loud - it was so exciting!  A few minutes later he dove for another one but just barely missed that one.  It was just so exciting to finally see one of the kids catch a pop-up there.  He ended up getting another game ball today because of that catch - he was so excited!  It was a nice way to wrap up what had been a pretty crummy game.





They have one more regular season game this Saturday, and then the tournament starts.  It's a double elimination tournament, so they'll have at least 2 more games after that.

No comments: