Liam has played several games since my last post as well.
On April 18, they played the Phillies. I didn't get to see any of this game, because Zachary played at the same time. Since Josh is coaching Liam's team this year (and therefore, always at Liam's games), I opted to go to Zachary's game so he would have someone at his game cheering for him (besides the other parents). My mom was watching this game, and I believe she said Liam hit one of the pitches - he never does that when I'm watching!
April 20 was Zachary's team's big double header. Liam's game was scheduled right in the middle of that - however, since Zachary's games were both over so quickly, I was able to catch most of his game. That day, they played the Rangers.
On April 26, it was battle of the Sox - Red Sox vs White Sox! I didn't like this game for a couple of reasons. First, one of the coaches was the same guy who coached the Yankees in Zachary's league - the same guy who told his player to hit it towards our guy who bobbled the ball, who rolled his eyes every time we overthrew the ball, who mouthed curse words...yeah, not a fan of that guy. He was a little more under control with the younger kids, but I already didn't like him. The other reason was because they had this kid playing first base most innings - interestingly, his name was Liam. Well, that Liam was nowhere near 5 years old. He was at least 6 - and an older 6 at that. Not only was he taller than all the other kids, but he was faster, and just generally more coordinated than all the other kids. He was 10 times better than our best kid - and our best kid is pretty good! So I'm not sure what was up with that, but it annoyed me.
The next morning, Liam's team had another game! This game was questionable, because it was raining, as recently as when we pulled into the parking lot at the park. But it was just a light sprinkle, that ended shortly after it started, and they ended up being able to play with no issues. This time they played the Nationals. I only got to see about 2/3 of the game. Zachary was participating in the YMCA Mud Run, and we had to head over to the Y to get him checked in. Unfortunately we missed getting to see Liam get his second game ball. He got it for having good hits, fast running, and some good plays while he was at the pitcher position. He was so excited! I haven't even been able to take his picture with this new game ball yet, since we missed the end of the game. But I'll re-create the moment soon, and add a picture.
Since they shifted the schedule back 3 weeks, Liam still has 5 more games to go. He claims he likes baseball better than tennis! Hopefully he can keep his interest up through the end of the season!
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment