Liam had 2 games this week too! He also played on Thursday, so unfortunately I missed it since I was watching Zachary's game. But my mom came and watched Liam's game, and she said he played pretty well. He only cried 2 times (down from 4 times in the first game), and he actually hit 2 pitches! Apparently one of his hits even went all the way to the fence! I was bummed to have missed that. This game was against the Yankees.
Then today his team had a game against the Dodgers. My mom & Pappy decided to come watch, which was nice. Liam had another good game! On his first 2 at-bats he had to hit off the tee, and I was starting to wonder if maybe it was me - that he can't/won't hit a pitch with me there. But just when I started to believe it, he hit one of the pitches on his last at-bat! It is so exciting to see any of these kids hit the pitch, because they are all so young. But I was super excited for Liam. He got to play pitcher, first base, and second base in this game. He helped get an out while at pitcher - the ball came towards him, he ran & grabbed it, & threw it to the first baseman, who stepped on the base for an out. Except that the Dodgers coach decided not to enforce outs, so even if someone was "out", they got to stay on base. Whatever. And probably the biggest thing of all - he didn't cry! YAY! He even said later in the day that he likes baseball better than tennis. So who knows - maybe he has turned the corner. He also wound up getting the game ball for how well he played! His first game was so very painful to watch, but they are getting better, and it's becoming more fun to watch.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment