Yesterday morning Zachary was not happy about getting out of bed. Honestly, it’s early – who is? Anyway, he said he was still tired, so I suggested that if he’s tired, then maybe when it is naptime at school, that he should actually take a nap. Seems his napping at school has gotten fewer & farther between recently, and his naps while we were home over Christmas weren’t much better. And according to his teacher, they do make them lay there quietly but they don’t make them nap. She also told me that this is the class where most of the kids seem to stop napping (Yay! Lucky for us that he’s already in this class, despite the fact that many of the kids are already turning 4, and his birthday is still 5 months away!) Anyway, so he said he would take a nap yesterday, and then asked if I was going to take a nap since I had said I was still tired too. I told him that I’m not allowed to take a nap at work – that they don’t really like that. But I did tell him what I’d give to be able to take a nap at work without fearing for my job. Then, Josh sends me this article at lunchtime. This lady is actually advocating corporate napping! I wonder how that initial call goes to a company…
I took Liam back to the doctor for his ear re-check yesterday. The “bad” ear still has some fluid in it but it’s not infected, so thankfully no more antibiotics for now, and no more visits there until his one-year checkup next month (I hope!). Although when we were there 3 weeks ago with the hives, she said he had fluid but no infection, and a week later when we went back, it was infected. So I’m not convinced he’s completely done just yet.
Last night I fired up the Wii Fit for the 2nd day in a row – yay me! I found a new favorite thing – Super Hula Hoop! I can’t hula hoop in real life, but it’s fun to see what it might be like if I could. It gives a good workout so I think I’ll keep giving that a chance.
September Quotes
2 months ago
3 comments:
I like the hula hoop game too!!
That wii fit will make you feel guilty when you turn it back on..it acts all sad and stuff!
Well, when we fired it up on Monday for the first time since, oh, September, it acted like it didn't remember our names! It made a few other cracks about how we didn't reach our goal and other wisecracks.
Super hula hoop is great! I am a little nervous since it has been almost a week. I did get lectured one time on noticed my friends and complimenting them. It had asked if I noticed a change in Matt - he had been on less then 24 hours earlier for about 5 minutes and I said no change to the question about if he looked, better, the same, or worse.
Post a Comment