Yesterday was kind of a rough day. On Wednesday afternoon I could tell I was coming down with a head cold – it came on fast too. I had a sinus headache, chills, sore throat…the works. I stuck it out at work but by the time I got home I was miserable. I helped get dinner going and then crawled under about 3 blankets on the couch. I pretty much stayed there till it was time to take the kids up for bedtime (Josh even brought me dinner out there because I was too cold to come out of the blankets). I ended up getting in bed at 7:15 under about 6 layers of varying thicknesses, and stayed there till 9:15, when Josh came in to see if I was up for watching Lost downstairs. I made it downstairs and managed to stay awake for it (hot tea helped), and then went back to bed under my many layers. Because I was so cold, I didn’t feel like taking a shower & going to bed with wet hair like I normally do, so I set my alarm a little earlier so I could shower in the morning. Yesterday morning my alarm went off & I got in the shower. I was trying to be quick since it has been a while since Josh & I have both showered in the morning (wanted to make sure there was enough hot water for him). About 2/3 of the way through my shower I started to feel lightheaded. I sat down for a second and then decided I just needed to get up & finish because I was wasting hot water. I got up and was almost done with my shower, and the next thing I knew I was looking up from the floor – half in & half out of the shower (thankfully our shower has one of those glass doors that opens out rather than slides). I had a hard time getting up (due to the fact that my back was across the 3” or so raised threshold that keeps the water in the shower) so I knocked on the floor hoping Josh would hear. I was afraid he was working out on the Wii Fit with his headphones on – luckily for me, he did not have his headphones on and he was up in a flash to help. It was awful. I decided at that point that work was not happening yesterday. I went to the doctor and they did an EKG, which was normal, other than my heart beating slightly fast, but not above what is considered normal. They think I was dehydrated and the steam from the shower (combined with all the fluid in my head from the cold and a possible sinus infection) caused me to faint. So I am on my 3rd 32oz bottle of Powerade Zero trying to make sure I’m well-hydrated. They also took blood, but I won’t hear back on that until today or Monday. So I laid on the couch all day under my many blankets, and didn’t really start warming up until around 4:00. I’m not as cold today and not as weak (probably because I’m not dehydrated anymore) but now have an awful cough. Oh, and a LOVELY bruise across my lower back & top of my butt (where I hit the shower thing). It makes sitting down very pleasant. I think it will be there for a while. I was also scared to get back in the shower last night so I took a bath – including washing my hair under the running faucet. It was quite a challenge but I did it.
So I’m hoping that things will be getting better. I am happy it’s Friday and happy to have the weekend to rest some more. Even when I’m in a bad mood, or not feeling well, it always makes me feel a little better watching & playing with Zachary & Liam. Liam has been cracking me up lately. Zachary has a Rocket from Little Einsteins that came with little plastic figures of the 4 kids in it. Liam LOVES grabbing the 2 girls (Annie & June) and walking around with one in each hand. I call them “his girls”. And last night we had to work on Zachary’s letter bag for school today (they have a letter of the week and on Fridays they have to bring in a bag containing items that start with that letter). This week is O. Zachary knew that “orange” starts with O, so we got him a piece of paper and he colored on it with an orange crayon. Then he kept telling me that it was a Mother’s Day card for me and that I could open it on Mother’s Day (but then he kept making me hold it & look at it right then). It was very sweet, and I hope he does save that for me because it would be a very special Mother’s Day card.
September Quotes
2 months ago
4 comments:
get better soon and be careful...don't shower when you are alone!
Oh my gosh...so sorry to hear about your shower incident. Get lots of rest and fluids this weekend!!
That is really scary how you fainted. Hope you are feeling better soon and that your blood work comes back okay.
Wow, how scary. I hope you are feeling better after a restful weekend! take care of yourself!
Post a Comment