Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, a Potty Party, and Blabbermouth

Today is my blog’s first birthday! On the one hand, it doesn’t feel like a year has gone by since I started it, but on the other hand, it feels like I’ve been doing it forever. But in a good way. :)

Can I just say that little boys confuse me even more than ever? Whenever Zachary is in the bathroom going #2, if you try to hang out in there with him, he’ll tell you that it’s something you do by yourself. Excuse me! On Saturday we went to a cookout with some friends. There were 4 “big” boys, and then the 2 “little” kids (which included Liam & a baby girl). The 4 big boys would run off to the upstairs playroom, and every now & then one of the boys would come downstairs to tell us that the other 3 (or 2 of the 3) had locked themselves in a room. So our friend had to keep going upstairs with the little key thing to unlock the boys from whatever room they were in. At one point, the other dad of 2 of the boys went up to check on them. Apparently he saw his older son playing by himself, but didn’t see the other 3 (Zachary, Cameron, & William). So he asked him where they were, and he said they were in the bathroom. So the dad opened the bathroom door to find Cameron on the potty going #2, and Zachary & William just hanging out in there with him. Soooo…I thought that was something you do by yourself???!!? Did the rules change? Or is it still something you do by yourself, but not including your best friends?? I’m so confused!

We ended up having a nice Mother’s Day. Josh cooked a tasty dinner, and I got some fun presents (A LOFT gift card, a new Wii Fit game, and a gift certificate for a mani/pedi, which I’m SO excited about because I’m thinking it’s been 4 years since I’ve done that – I just normally do my own nails…but I figured someone else can do it for once!). My mom’s gift had not yet arrived, so I bought a mug-painting kit, and Zachary & Liam painted the mugs, and that was her temporary gift until the real one arrives. Only, Zachary blabbed to her on Saturday, “Hey Grandma – we painted mugs for you! Want to see them??” Um, hey Zachary – ZIP IT! Apparently that runs in the family. I’m told that when I was younger I once told my grandmother that I wasn’t going to tell her what I got for her, but that it started with “purp neck” (it was a purple necklace, in case you didn’t crack my kiddie code). I’d like to think I was at least a little more subtle about it than Zachary was though…

1 comment:

Carrie Davis said...

Hi! I have your blue whales finished...send me an email at carrieedavis at gmail dot com and I'll send them to you this evening.