Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend of P’s – Party, Present, Puking (sorry…), and Playing

We started our weekend with Zachary’s last t-ball game. It was sad to have it end because I think he was enjoying it, but at the same time, it’s nice to have our Saturdays back where we’re not having to rush to eat breakfast to be out of the house before 9am. The kids enjoyed their party after the game. I had made baseball cupcakes (which I did take a picture of, but I don't have it now - if I think about it later, I'll try to add a picture), and then some of the other moms brought chips, goldfish, chicken fingers, juice bags…it was quite the spread. Of course, there wasn’t much nutritionally redeeming about it, and it was like 10:15am, but hey – it’s fun to do something like that every now & then. Although I was not surprised when we got home and Zachary asked if it was lunchtime…Luckily the rain held off for all of that, which was nice. I feel like people keep talking today about how wet & soggy the weekend was, but it seems like it barely drizzled at our house. Maybe I just wasn’t paying attention, but it just did not feel like it rained ALL weekend the way people seem to be talking. We all went outside Saturday afternoon and Zachary rode his bike up & down the street…Liam pushed his little ride-on car (and then he picked it up StrongMan style and lugged it a few steps – seriously…he looked like one of those guys in the StrongMan Competition who picks up the 800 lb boulder and carries it 6 steps!). And if you know me, you know I LOVE me some StrongMan Competition. One time I was visiting Natalie in Athens when she was in grad school and I think we watched Strong Man for like 5 hours one day. Ahhhhh…heavenly memories…

Yesterday we had dinner at my mom’s for Josh’s birthday, part 2. He got present part 1 on his actual birthday, which was Wednesday. I gave him his present from the boys. For those of you who I never told, the day I took the boys on the secret mission, we went to Douglasville, where our favorite photographer lives, for a Mommy & Me session (she was doing Mommy & Me mini sessions that whole day). I thought it would be a fun Mother’s Day gift for my mom & a fun birthday gift for Josh. Of course, we do still need to get a family picture at some point since he is not in them. But anyway, he loved the pictures and it was a big surprise. Part 2 of his present was from my mom & me – we gave him Rock Band 2 for Wii and he LOVED it too! We took it all out of the box, but probably will not get around to trying it out until later in the week when all our shows are over. But before we even got to her house, we had to stop 2 times along the way for Zachary to be sick. I have to give him credit because both times he warned us ahead of time and was able to hold it in until Josh could find a place to pull over & I could hop out & get him out of the car. I was actually amazed. The first time we were on this 2-lane back road with literally nowhere to pull off. And the road is curvy, so not terribly safe to just stop. So it took him a second to find a safe place to pull off, and the whole time I kept waiting for Zachary to just start going in the back seat. But he didn’t, which was amazing. Of course Zachary was VERY upset each time (we cannot even remember the last time he has thrown up – it has been a LONG time…maybe even years). But when we got to my mom’s we let him watch some extra TV and gave him some ginger ale…which of course he loved. He loved the babying SO much, in fact, that all evening and into this morning he kept trying to tell us that he wasn’t feeling better. He was though (it was something he ate, because after the 2nd time, you could just tell he was feeling better). But he just wanted to be babied some more. Smart kid.

But then he got upset on the way home when we told him that we were going to have dinner at Chick-fil-A tonight. He said, “But Chick-fil-A is a lunch place – NOT a dinner place! I don’t want to eat dinner there!” We kept telling him that you can actually eat any meal of the day there, and that dinner is exactly the same as lunch. I’m not sure he was convinced, but I AM sure that he will be over his “lunch only” thing when we get there later and he is reminded of the play area inside…

2 comments:

Drena said...

we love strongman too!

glad you guys had a good weekend. we were with the crowd that it poured most of it. :(

Mel said...

Wow, I am impressed that he knew he was going to be sick and held it...I haven't thrown up in YEARS (last real time was when I was 5) and I am not so sure I would know when I was going to do it....

Glad the t-ball turned out well :-) There wasn't rain in Midtown (thank goodness since I had to walk to marta) but we did have a lot near my mom's place!