I like these shoes. A lot. But yesterday I got a somewhat unexpected compliment on them. I was picking the boys up from school yesterday when it happened. I know you’re thinking it was one of the teachers…I got Liam first, then he & I went outside to get Zachary. And then it happened…Zachary’s little friend John came over and said, “I like your shoes!!” So now I’m wondering if it’s weird that a 4-year-old boy (who is not my own son) likes my shoes? You know how if you have a piece of clothing or accessory that you really like and someone tells you that their mom has the same thing, or worse, their grandmother has it…suddenly you’re re-thinking your love of the item. Does it work the same way with 4-year-old boys?
I also realized that I never posted a picture of the baseball cupcakes I made for the t-ball party last weekend. I know – they are not perfect (after all, I am not a professional cupcake decorator!). But I like to think that they are at least a smidge cuter than if I had just frosted them with no decoration.

I also realized that I never posted a picture of the baseball cupcakes I made for the t-ball party last weekend. I know – they are not perfect (after all, I am not a professional cupcake decorator!). But I like to think that they are at least a smidge cuter than if I had just frosted them with no decoration.
And here is Zachary with his trophy. Which, speaking of trophies, we almost had a trophy disaster. They always had someone from the YMCA at the field to oversee things. They also brought all the equipment, t-shirts, and trophies. So last week the rep gave each coach his team’s box of trophies. I got nosy and wanted to see the trophies before the game was over. I also wanted to make sure they weren’t broken. So I opened the box and counted 8 trophies. Looks good! Except that there were 9 kids on the team. D’oh! They had the team roster taped to the side of the box, and there was one kid who was not on the list. I think he didn’t start until the 2nd week, and they must have used the week 1 roster to order the trophies (which is odd because they had enough t-shirts for 9 kids…). We were able to track down the guy from the Y, and he went into another team’s box and snagged one of their trophies (they had another league at 11am at another school, so he was going to run back to the Y before the 11am league started and hope that they had an extra trophy laying around there – otherwise some poor kid in the other league wasn’t going to get his trophy last week).

And finally, here’s a little video I took of Liam yesterday. Zachary has this big Thomas the Tank Engine book that plays music. Liam dragged it out yesterday and was getting REALLY excited every time I’d press one of the buttons to play a song. He was dancing & bopping, so I decided to record it. Hope everyone has a fun & safe Memorial Day weekend!
3 comments:
Cute video...he always seems like a serious baby to me so it is cute to see him all happy and dancing around :-)
Very cute cupcakes! cute shoes, too :)
A little boy at Luke's Mom's morning out touches my painted toes and admires them - kind of strange, but sweet. He is around 2. I love the shoes and the cupcakes are adorable!!
Post a Comment