This evening was the annual Taste of Alpharetta. Before you ask, let me just say that I have NO idea why they always do it on a Thursday. They just do, and it's weird. We didn't go last year because I had only been back to work for about a week after maternity leave (into a new group), and felt weird asking to leave early. But we decided we wanted to go this year, and with me now leaving at 4:30 (and with Josh working from home on Thursdays) it worked out. We had a fun time. Zachary & I had little meatball hoagies from Artuzzi's and a chicken soft taco from El Pollo Loco (I must be loco because I had tacos for lunch today too! But Melissa, the ones at lunch were WAY better!). Josh had a little cheese steak from somewhere, and then a little BBQ pork slider from Pappy Red's (wherever that is). He was also excited that the new Philadelphia Pretzel place had a booth. He loves him some soft pretzels. Then Zachary & I had Ben & Jerry's for dessert (Phish Food - YUM!) while Josh got a little canoli. We had a few tickets left, so we let Zachary do some of the fun zone things. They had a Tumble Time Bus there, so he played in that for a little bit, then did one of the inflatable obstacle course things and one of the big slides. It was a fun evening, even if only for a couple of hours. The weather turned out nice today - wasn't too hot, but was warm enough for shorts. It was about perfect! Oh - I almost forgot! While Zachary was in the Tumblebus, Josh & I were waiting outside with Liam (since they had to be between 2-6 to go on the bus). There was this band playing on a stage right next to the bus. They looked like they were in middle school. They had 3 singers - all girls. The first song we heard them play was "So What" by Pink. OK, decent song. The next song they played was..."Iron Man" by Black Sabbath...HUH??? Josh said it was a bit dark for tween girls. I agreed. It was pretty funny though - very unexpected.
We got home and I was doing the bath. Zachary was just pouring a bucket of water all over himself and Liam began to crack up. Here's some video I took (sorry for so much white tub at the top - I was trying not to film their business!). Liam's giggle had settled down a little bit by the time Josh could get the camera from downstairs but it was still pretty funny.
And here's a video from one day last week. Zachary started asking for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in a funny voice one day. We asked him what that was all about and he said that's how Mickey Mouse says it. So here's Zachary doing his Mickey Mouse voice.
And I keep forgetting...remember our nest that we found (and attempted to move to a tree in our yard)? Well, the nest fell out of the tree, but I noticed over the weekend that the bird has built a new nest. I noticed it only because I came out the front door and saw the mama bird sitting in the nest. Of course she flew away as soon as she saw me, but it made me think that maybe she had actually laid eggs in the nest. We got the ladder out and carefully looked in and confirmed she has laid eggs. There appear to be 2 of them - I was able to get my camera up there to take a picture. We think they are robin eggs because they are blue. We decided to leave this nest alone since there were eggs in it. Maybe we will have babies soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment