Tuesday, March 30, 2010

All Our Friends

Last night Josh was describing a moment he witnessed with Zachary earlier in the evening. It involved Zachary naming some stuffed animals that didn't already have names, and it got me to thinking that they have some funny names for their stuffed animals, or "friends", as they call them. So I thought I'd introduce you to their friends.

It all started with these guys. Meet Froggie and Moon Froggie. Original, I know. Froggie is on the left - he's called Froggie because, well, he's a frog. And Moon Froggie got his name because he's sort of shaped like a moon.



For a while, most of Zachary's friends had names as equally interesting as "Froggie". Take this guy, for example. I know it's tough to tell with the mask, but there is a monkey under there. His name is Zachary Monkey. Don't ask.



Then there's this group. The bear is called Lucky (and no, he's not blindfolded - that's his superhero mask), but I have to take credit for that name, since I bought him as a surprise for Zachary after he busted his scalp a few weeks ago. The one on the right is a bear named Teddy. And the guy in the middle - well, that's Bobby Boo. I told you we were starting to get more interesting.



Here's where it starts to get fun. This guy is either Froggie's dad or his brother - I can't remember. But his name is Bline-Bline. I have NO idea what that's about...



And then there's good ol' O'Froggie. Yeah. Cause he's a frog. And he's Irish. The dog on the right is named Dojo. That was because when we got him at Build-A-Bear, Zachary had picked out a karate uniform for him. Since he takes karate from a place called The Dojo, he decided Dojo would be a good name for a dog. I actually liked that one.



And this guy here might have my favorite name of all of Zachary's friends. His name is Bébé. Sounds like "Bay-bay". I really have NO idea why he chose to name this dog Bébé. I tried to get him to name him Douglas, since that's what his tag says. But Zachary insisted that it is actually a girl, and her name is Bébé.



Oh - and the friends that Zachary gave names to last night? These guys - I mean, girls. The big one is the mom, and her name is Alexa. In the middle is Molly, and the little one is Grace. I have no idea where he came up with this - he doesn't know any girls named Alexa, Molly, or Grace.



And of course Liam couldn't be left out. Here are some of his friends. The one on the right is Monkey (yeah, I know - real original), and the one on the left is Mo. We just found Mo in the closet this weekend and he's been carrying him around ever since. The first day he just called him "Little Monkey" but then out of nowhere he called him Mo. So that's his name now.



Here's the bunny trio - Bunny is the one on the right. The one in the middle is Buggy (because you can't have 2 bunnies named Bunny!) and the one on the left is Flopsy. Because he has floppy ears. Duh.


And here's his piggy. Sometimes she's Piggy, and sometimes she is Olivia. It depends on his mood.



So there you have it! These are by far not all of the stuffed animals in the house - just the ones with funny, and/or interesting names.

No comments: