This was a BUSY weekend. More so for Zachary, than anyone else. Since the t-ball game wasn’t until later in the morning, Zachary was able to go to his karate class. When he & Josh got home from that, we changed him out of his karate uniform, and into his t-ball uniform. Since the game was at 11:30, we took a picnic, and my mom, Liam, and I ate during the game, and then Zachary & Josh ate afterwards. They don’t really keep score in this league – they just let each child bat once and then switch sides. So I can’t really say if Zachary’s team won or not, but I like to think they are 2-0. And that’s mainly because we have 9 kids on our team, and both weeks now the opponent has only had 5 kids. So, we win by default, just because we have more kids. I guess. After the t-ball game Zachary & I made a quick trip home so he could change clothes AGAIN, and put on something a little nicer for his friend’s birthday party. Because this wasn’t just ANY birthday party, it was John’s birthday party. Remember John? John’s party was at Wills Park in Roswell, and it was the perfect day! The kids all played on the awesome playground there for about an hour. Zachary was running around with John, and another little boy Joseph. I kept hearing Zachary say, “Come on, best buddy John!!” After playground time John’s mom corralled us over in one of the pavilions, where they did the cake. After cake, they did an egg hunt. It was so fun! I was glad they did that because they’re not doing one in our neighborhood this year (seems all events have pooped out due to lack of people to coordinate them). The kids had a fun time, and Zachary was so excited. They even had some fun-shaped eggs. Zachary got one that was shaped like a carrot, and one that was shaped like a football. After the egg hunt, the kids went back to the playground. Zachary & I left shortly after – I was exhausted!
Yesterday we were supposed to have our annual photo session with our favorite photographer, Corey Sewell. I had a bad feeling it was going to rain, even way back in January when I booked it. It was raining on the day of our session last year, but she had to cancel because she was sick. I was fine because it gave us a chance to do a “take 2” on the weather. But it was raining on our rescheduled day too. We were doing them at our house, so we did them anyway, and because I was so set on having some done outside, we put the boys’ raincoats on & did some on the front porch. Then I did another session with the boys for Josh’s birthday and Mother’s Day, and it rained that day too. So I was watching the forecast leading up to yesterday and was not optimistic. In fact, we had pretty much decided by noon that we would reschedule (we were meeting her at a park this year, so doing them in the rain was not an option). But by 2:00 it was sunny out. So I called her back & photos were back on. They were off again briefly before we all just got in our cars & decided to go for it. We did manage to get some pictures in while it wasn’t raining, and we had to do some under cover when it did rain. But all in all it was a great session & I can’t wait to see them! I’ll be sure to share the link when they are ready.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment