Wow - that was a LONG break. Too long. It just all of a sudden got VERY crazy at work, and for the most part, I publish new posts first thing in the morning when I get to work (unless they have pictures - those I do at home, since the pictures are on the home computer). Anyway, it has been a busy week. Then it got really crazy in the later part of this week. Wednesday I had a bad sinus headache, so I took some Tylenol Sinus. I woke up Thursday still with it, but it got a little better during the day. Then I left work early so Josh & I could go to our parent-teacher conference with Zachary's teacher (just conference time - not because he did anything). It was fine, except for the 45 minutes we spent listening to both the teacher AND the owner basically tell us that they know he is going to be miserable in kindergarten at the public school next year and that we will get notes home every day from the teacher, and they will label him as a "misbehaver". WTH?? He is by no means perfect, but that kind of annoyed us. Nobody knows anything that will happen with him there until he actually starts going. Frustrating, to say the least.
Then I went for my allergy test. They did the pre-test, where they basically just scratch the skin with the allergens. Nothing reacted, which meant they could give me the full dose of everything. Except, even histamine did not react, which it should. I told them about the Tylenol Sinus I had taken, but didn't think it had antihistamine in it. They gave me an extra dose of histamine just to see, and it swelled up like it was supposed to. So they proceeded with the test. They gave me 40 additional shots - 20 in each arm. NOT pleasant. They weren't too bad, but it still was not fun. When they came back to measure, they said anything 6 or higher meant "allergic". In a fun twist of fate, EVERYTHING came back 6 or higher. Yay! I'm not surprised - I have pretty much always been an over-achiever. (note sarcasm...) I'm not sure what's considered REALLY high, but the highest I had were 11 - there were a couple of those. So nothing was off the charts, but basically allergic to just about everything in the air here. I go back at the end of the month to talk to the doctor about next steps.
When I got home that evening, I found out that my mom would be in the hospital another night (flu & pneumonia). So I headed over to Marietta to take her some decent food for dinner so she didn't have to eat crappy hospital food. On the way home I stopped at Chick-fil-A for a milkshake. I figured I deserved it after my crazy day. But, on the bright side, I took a Zyrtec that evening, and it was SO nice to take it again. It was no fun being so itchy the last couple of weeks.
Then today kicked off what I like to call "birthday party season". Seems like most of the kids we know have birthdays between March and July. We went to one party today, and then have another party next weekend, and one more the week after that. We were supposed to have my mom's birthday dinner tonight too, but even though she's home from the hospital, she's still not feeling great. So we postponed.
Anyway, so that's where I've been. Hopefully my next post won't be as delayed as this one.
September Quotes
2 months ago
2 comments:
What's the deal with Zachary? I can't imagine them telling you that!! There's a long time between now and August-plenty of time for maturing.
So sorry to hear about the shots. I hope it gets better from here on out. Have a great week!
I would not think Zachary is a "bad" kid who would warrant a note sent home every day! That is crazy! Do they have a kindergarten program at his current daycare or something they are trying to promote for you to keep him from going to a public school. Most kindergarten kids have a hard time adjusting at first...it is their first time at school!
Post a Comment