Monday, September 23, 2013

Kid Funnies





The kids have said some funny things lately.
______________________________________________ 

Me: Liam, have you brushed your teeth yet?
Liam:  I’m approaching right now!
______________________________________________

Liam:  How did Zachary & I get into your tummy?
Me:  Uhhh…Daddy put you there.
Liam:  But how did Daddy put us in there?
Josh:  [hiding his face, trying to pretend this isn't happening at the dinner table – or maybe at all, who knows]
Me:  Well, it’s kind of like magic.
Liam:  Did they have to cut you open to put us in there?
Me:  No, but they did have to cut me open to get you out.
Liam:  Where did they cut you?  Near your wee-wee?
Me:  No, remember, girls don’t have a wee-wee.
Liam:  What do they have?

(Now at this point, I’ll be honest, it had taken a big turn and I wasn't sure whether we should go there.  Part of me just wanted to tell them, so they would know.  But the other part of me knows them, and was terrified that they would start using the word all the time and get into trouble.  So I just sat there stammering and trying to figure out how to get out of this)

Liam:  Oh, I know what it’s called!
Me:  You do?
Liam:  Yes – it’s called the Danger Zone!!

(yep, dodged that bullet!)
______________________________________________

Tonight during dinner, Liam got up to go to the bathroom.  When he was done, he said that his pants were wet because of something - he was saying a lot of words, most of which didn't make sense.  When it was all said and done, Josh said "Did you miss?" and he nodded his head.  It's not like he's new to going potty, but it was hard to get too upset because he has Puss in Boots eyes - they get so big and you can't be upset!


No comments: