Sunday, May 10, 2009

Breakfast in Bed

That is how I started today! Josh got up a little early, and had Zachary help him make breakfast. Then they got Liam up & brought mine in to the bedroom for me to eat in bed. It was lovely! They made these little ham & egg cup things, and some fresh strawberries. Zachary even had the idea to melt some chocolate chips so I would have something to dip the strawberries in. On the way home from church we stopped at Costco for a few things. Zachary saw all the other people with flowers, so he decided we needed to get me some flowers. :) I have to say that Mother's Day is a lot more fun when your child actually understands and can help with everything.

We actually got a little early start to Mother's Day. Yesterday morning Josh said he needed to leave a little early for t-ball, and would just meet us there. He said he had an errand to run - I assumed it was Starbucks, so I asked him to get me something. He then got all weird and said Starbucks wasn't where he was going (but he did have time to go there too). I was trying to figure out what was open at 8:45 on Saturday morning. Turns out, he had gone to Kroger, to pick up some flowers to give to all the boys to give to their moms! It was so sweet. What a thoughtful coach/dad/husband! Although the game did have a scary moment. Zachary came running over with a bloody lip at one point - turns out he decided to ignore Josh's warnings to back up while other kids are batting, and he took a bat to the mouth. He was OK - just a little cut on his lip. But he almost did it again later - walked right behind a kid as he took a swing, but luckily he escaped any injury from that one. Later in the day we went over to some friends house for a cookout. It was Zachary's buddy Cameron's house, and their other buddy William & his family came over too. We had 5 boys and 1 baby girl. And poor Liam wanted to badly to hang with the big boys. We let him for a little bit (and he ate dinner with them), but once they went upstairs to play and once the adults sat down for dinner, he & the baby girl had to stick with us. The boys all had a fabulous time - although Zachary had his 2nd injury of the day. The boys were all outside barefoot, and Zachary cut his pinky toe on a rock or something, and it started to bleed, so we had to do a little first aid on that. But it was fun for the boys to have a little playdate, of sorts, and for us parents to sit & chat over kabobs and beers & margaritas. We had a great time.

Now we're just gearing up for Mother's Day dinner tonight. Josh is busy prepping food for that. I'm going to do the laundry (but only because I actually don't mind doing laundry), but other than that, I don't plan to do much else. :)

I hope all the mommies have a Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

What a WONDERFUL start for today! happy mother's day dear friend! love you!