Thursday, May 7, 2009

Joshina

That should be Josh's new nickname, because his fortune cookie said: "You should enhance your feminine side at this time." YIKES! Not sure what that means...and not even sure I want to know. But it gave us a little chuckle after dinner tonight. Oh, and the reason we had Chinese food for dinner tonight is because I pulled out the ground turkey we had in the fridge to make Pronto Pizza Patties, and there was a BLUE spot on top of it. BLUE!!! I called Josh, who was still on his way home, and told him that I was NOT fixing blue turkey, so we called in for Chinese take-out. It was good, but I was kind of looking forward to the Pizza Patties. Oh well.

We were very lucky that Zachary never really had a tantrum phase. He skipped right over terrible twos and saved it for three (thank goodness we only have about 24 more days of three). Now, don't get me wrong, he gets upset if we tell him something he doesn't want to hear, but he never has what I would call a tantrum. Liam, on the other hand, has gotten a jump start on things. He is already perfecting the art of the tantrum. If he is mad about something, he will lay down on the floor and either scooch around or kick his feet, all the while screaming his head off. He has now done this 2 days in a row. It is not my favorite part of the day. I'm hoping that maybe since he's getting an early start on this (I mean, he's not even 15 months yet), that he will get it out of his system faster. Maybe?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Pronto Pizza Patties?? Please share...

Carrie Davis said...

Charlotte's right there with Liam - throws a really good tantrum. So, here's to hoping they'll grow out of it faster!

Rebecca said...

Sarah - Pronto Pizza Patties are ground turkey seasoned with bread crumbs, onion, etc. and a little pizza sauce to hold it together. Make it into patties, cook it in a skillet, and then when it's done, top it with mozzarella cheese, & let that melt. Then you serve it (open-faced) on thick Italian bread (but we usually serve it on top of a slice of that frozen garlic Texas Toast!) And maybe a little more pizza sauce on the side to dip. It's yummy! Email me if you want the actual recipe!

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds yummy; I want to try it! As for the tantrums, I've been living with them for a while. Owen seriously has several a day and he started way before he turned 2. I'm hoping the 3's won't be as bad.