Monday, September 14, 2009

Little Fans

This weekend was a fun one. I won’t even go into the game – I’m sure most of you were either there like we were, watching it on TV, or have at least heard about it. My voice still has not fully recovered, and while it was an exciting game, I just hope they’re not all that close. I also hope they are not all that long. Or that late.

I hope to get another video of Liam soon. He has really made progress as a Dawg fan. Zachary loves listening to “Georgia music” (it’s just a Redcoat Band CD) in the car. Last night after dinner we went to Bruster’s, and on the way there & back, we had the Georgia music on. Every time Glory would come on, I’d turn around and both boys were shaking their fists in the air to the beat of the music. Every now & then Liam would let out a little “Go Dawgs!” I think I saw a tear in Josh’s eye. There were also a couple of requests for Krypton (the song that gets played just before the players run onto the field at the beginning of the game, as well as at the end of the 3rd quarter). Once that first note hits, we all put our 4 fingers up, and I looked back, and Liam had his arm up too. SO CUTE! I really hope we have an early kickoff sometime because he is definitely ready! We took him to a game last year, but he was like 9 months old. But now, he is ready. He is a fan. Zachary is learning some more advanced fan moves, now that he has the basics down. For example, all day Saturday he kept saying “When is Georgia going to play the chickens???” He kept calling them the “chickens” all day. [Insert snicker] We expect similar questions this weekend with another late kickoff, but this time the question will be “When is Georgia going to play the bacon???” [More snickering]

Oh, and seemed several of you thought that I should say something about the All About Me book, so I did. Sort of. The school owner had sent out an email over the weekend that I was a little confused about. So I emailed her back to get clarification and in my email, I also brought up the book (even attached the picture I took of the last page). I did tell her that we love the book and thought it was so cute. And that I can overlook spelling & grammatical errors on the daily sheets because I know the teachers are busy. But that it seems like when it comes to things that they will have the kids work on that they should take the time to make sure things are not misspelled and that the proper word is used in the proper situation. I know people mix up “their”, “there”, and “they’re” a lot as well as “your” and “you’re”, but I just assumed that most people know the difference between “no” and “know”. No reply from her yet, so we’ll see what sort of response I get.

No comments: