No pictures uploaded just yet but we headed out for the zoo this morning. The boys don't go crazy for the zoo like some kids do (although they do seem to enjoy it), but the main reason we went was because I had seen an ad online about "Superhero Weekend" at the zoo, complete with superhero activities & a show. I knew it was something Zachary would love. Well, I thought it would be, anyway. We got there when they opened so we had a little time before the show started. So we walked around & saw all the animals that were on the way to the show tent. We stopped at the meerkats, and I was telling the boys that they were called "meertkats" - Liam said "Meow!" Ha ha...We got to see some baby warthogs, baby gorillas, and the baby panda. We also walked through the reptile house - we managed to avoid going in there the last time we went to the zoo...not so lucky this time. As we were walking through looking at all the slimies, Zachary said, "I want to get out of here!" I was like, you & me both - let's go! Then we headed towards the tent that was set up for the show. I have to say that the show was pretty stupid. It started with Wolverine & Green Goblin fighting, in which GG ultimately had Wolverine on the ground. I looked over & Zachary was crying. Great. So was the little boy in front of us (and at least 3 or 4 other kids that I saw). Sigh...Then Storm came out (I really have ZERO knowledge of Wolverine & Storm, and think Zachary was a little confused too...it was comic book Wolverine, not Hugh Jackman Wolverine). So Green Goblin was pretty much kicking everyone's butt until...Spiderman came & saved the day! All of a sudden Zachary was happy & smiling. Spidey sprayed silly string all over the crowd and took down Green Goblin. I think the message was supposed to be all about helping the environment, but it seemed largely unscripted, and I think the message was lost on most of the kids. At any rate, he enjoyed seeing Spiderman, and then we went to the area where they could make their own superhero masks. We left the zoo & had free chicken sandwiches at Chick-fil-A - YUM!
We have had a nice long weekend otherwise. Got Zachary some new shoes yesterday (since his old ones had a hole in them). He is convinced that they light up & make him jump higher...they do not actually light up at all. And we won't even mention what happened on Saturday afternoon. But during the un-mentioned event, we fixed party food & ate at the coffee table, which has become our new tradition when watching away games. Despite l0cking Herschel up while we ate, it was still nutty - Liam was all over the place, grabbing whatever he could get his little hands on. We had to pause the game & go give him a bath because he was all sticky from all the fruit he had eaten. We had a fun time, despite the mess that was all over the TV (and this time I'm talking about the football mess...).
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment