Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Solving the Dispute & Silver Britches

Yesterday was a record day at school – not one, but TWO incident reports for Liam. They were both written because he was injured, and we have never had 2 incident reports for the same child in one day before. One was because he fell and bumped his cheek, and the other one was because he was bitten by another child. For those of you not familiar with the daycare incident report, they always fill out the time & location of the incident, as well as any treatment that was applied, and info on a 1-2 hour follow-up check. They do this both when your child is injured, as well as when your child injures another (biting, etc.). They also describe what happened. Here is what it said on the form regarding Liam’s bite:

“Liam and the other child both wanted the same toy, so the other child bit Liam to solve the dispute.”

That’s what she was doing – solving the dispute?? (even though they usually try not to give away any information regarding the identity of the other child, I do know it was a girl who bit him yesterday because his teacher was telling me how Liam came up to her right after it happened and said “she bite…she bite…”). But I just love how the biting was described as a way to “solve the dispute.”

I have a new craft project that I need to get started on. Over the weekend, Zachary decided that he HAD to have silver britches – just like the ones the Dawgs wear. I thought to myself, “Where in the world am I supposed to find silver britches for a 4-year-old???” Then I remembered that I had bought him a pair of gray baseball pants back in the spring for t-ball (because his team ended up with the white shirts, I thought it was just a little TOO much white if he had worn white pants too). So I told Zachary maybe I could make him some out of his gray baseball pants. I guess he assumed I had everything I needed right at home because he kept asking if I had made his silver britches yet. I think a trip to Michael’s or JoAnn is in order soon so that I can look for some red-white-black ribbon, or individual ribbons that I can stitch together. What have I gotten myself into?? I did manage to talk him out of the other project – he wanted me to turn his white baseball pants into Arkansas football pants. Why? I have NO idea. But I told him that I wasn’t making Arkansas football pants, and when he asked why I simply told him, “Because we don’t like Arkansas.” (and I told him he’d need those white pants when t-ball rolls back around in the spring – seemed that was good enough).

No comments: