I forgot to mention that I did end up emailing the school owner about the book. I had to email her about another thing, so I figured while I was doing that, I’d just mention the book. I made sure to start out with how much we loved the book, and I mentioned a couple of specific parts that we really enjoyed. And then I just explained that while I can overlook spelling & grammatical errors on the daily sheets, I feel that more care should be taken when it comes to things that the children are working on, to make sure that things are correct. I even attached the picture of that page, so she could see what I was talking about. She replied, and said that she had showed the picture to the teachers, and they had agreed that in their rush to finish the project in order to send them home on Friday that they had not done their normal proofreading & checking of each others’ work, and that as a result they just did not catch it. She said that they will work harder so that things like this don’t happen again. Fine, whatever. But the teacher who is there in the afternoons was a bit frostier to me Monday afternoon. Normally she will chat, fill me in on Zachary’s day, etc., but on Monday she gave a little smile and that was it. So I guess they are now mad at me? Because obviously if the owner showed them the picture I sent, they know who the email came from (since there was a photo of Zachary on that page). It’s hard to know whether to take that sort of thing to the teachers or to the owner. Part of me thinks the teachers would have been more appropriate since they were the ones who were responsible – rather than going “over their heads”. But part of me feels the owner was the right way to go because otherwise, she may never have known that this even happened. And as the owner of a preschool, I feel like she needs to hold all of her teachers accountable for the stuff they are teaching and the things that get sent home. But, then again, I don’t run a preschool, so who knows.
Yesterday morning they had a Grandparent Day at the school. For 2 hours in the morning they welcomed grandparents into the classrooms for different activities. It was supposed to be from 9-11, and my mom was going to have to split her time between the boys’ classrooms. She had planned to do Zachary’s class first, but when she got there they told her that they weren’t starting their activities until 10. So she headed over to Liam’s class, where there were only 2 other grandparents there, who both belonged to one little girl (incidentally, Cameron’s grandparents – his sister Addison is in Liam’s class). My mom called when she left the school and said “They turned Liam’s class loose with paint!!!!” This wouldn’t have been quite as big of an issue had she not been planning to go back to work. So she had to dodge 8 toddlers with paint on their hands for about 45 minutes. She said it was like controlled chaos in there. But they made picture frames & then took her picture with Liam to put in the frame. Then around 9:45 she headed on into Zachary’s class. Apparently it was absolute mayhem in there. They also did an art project in Zachary’s class (she said “The boy sure does love glue!”), and took each child’s picture with his/her grandparents to put in a frame. They had refreshments, and so she got a sticky hug from Zachary (coupled with the paint hands from Liam, and a doggie sneeze from Herschel when she ran by our house first – she said she was a mess!). She said by 10:30 she had to go because she couldn’t take it anymore – it was apparently just very loud and a total zoo in there. I reminded her that there are only about 8 kids in Liam’s class (many of whom don’t talk much yet), and probably closer to 20 kids in Zachary’s class, with the same number of teachers in each classroom. But all in all, it sounds like they had a fun day. Zachary starts karate today, so I’m looking forward to hearing about how that goes.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment